Tuesday, October 1, 2013

State of Decay - Part One

Despite what you’ve been told, the Apocalypse doesn’t begin with fire raining down from the heavens, nor does it begin with the human race falling down on their faces in supplication before a triumphant god. No, the sounds of the Apocalypse are much more terrifying than that, and I should know … I’ve heard them, and hearing the world tumble into chaos around me is not something I’ll ever forget.
My name is Melody Carter.
A Boeing 767 fell from the sky and wiped out most of my neighborhood.
But, that's the least of my worries.
My list of "Things I'm Most Worried About" shifted dramatically when my dad told me that charred corpses tried to make a meal out of their rescuers ... I'm thinking yours would too.
This is the beginning of my story.
It's not for the faint of heart.

*** This is PART ONE in the ongoing zombie apocalypse novella series, State of Decay. A new story will be released every 3-4 weeks, until Melody's story has been told. This novella is approximately 20,000 words. (About 80+/- pages long) ***
****** Warning: This book is for mature/NA/Adult Readers. This novella contains: tons of violence, lots of action, gobs of gore, and oodles of bad language. Enter at your own risk. *****


Review- I'm usually not one for zombies but after seeing something on Facebook about this book I bought it. Wow, just wow. I read it in about an hour. This was my first book by the author and now I want to read everything she has written. It grabbed it right away and Melody was such a strong character. You felt everything she did. Can't wait for the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment